In a bustling area with lots of competition, it can be challenging to capture the public’s attention. Placing a sign on your storefront remains one of the most effective ways to get people to notice your brand. On the other hand, impactful signage can be a tricky proposition. It takes some time, effort, and planning to conceptualize and install custom store signs that actually work.
How to Make Eye-Popping, Attractive, and Impactful Retail Window Signs
Many of today’s household names did not start out that way—most of them had humble beginnings, which involved catching people’s attention and meeting customer expectations. You can’t do the latter, though, if people can’t see your store. Here are some tips to help you create business storefront signs that let your business stand out above the rest.
- Keep it short and simple. Remember that you’re not trying to enthrall passersby with the next big hit novel, but catching their attention just long enough just to let them know that you’re there. Most people won’t spend more than a few moments to look at a sign, and this is already stretching it. Imagine the outside of your store as a superhighway—since people are trying to get to their destinations quickly, they will only be able to spare a glance.
- Get creative! This is a great way to cultivate attention for your store. Custom storefront signs with unique designs and content are sure to tickle your audience. In turn, this can create a good first impression, which will then increase their interest in your business.
- Play with the space. Depending on the space available for your retail window signs, you will have to tinker with font sizes and white space. A well-designed custom store sign can strike a balance between content and open space. This helps you create a focal point, which your audience will notice first. This is another great reason not to oversaturate your signage with text or design elements, as this will make the whole sign look cluttered and prevent people from seeing and absorbing your sign.
- Pay attention to line of sight. This will determine the positioning of your sign. You can try to imagine how people are going to move past your space. Which direction will they be facing? How much space or distances will there be between them and the sign? If you have a wide space, like a parking lot, it might be a good idea to place your sign high up to maximize visibility. Meanwhile, for stores at the sidewalk, you can place your sign at eye level.
- Perhaps most importantly, tell your story. You can show the world what your business is all about at a glance by through a combination of colors, design elements, and text, which will all provide a visual depiction of your brand narrative. This is a great way to establish your identity, which will then help you build a product that has great recall value.
Chose the Top Sign Company in Surprise, AZ
Your storefront is like the face of your business. Attract more customers with professionally designed and stunning custom store signs from Howling Wolf Graphics & Signs. Call us today to speak with our graphics expert and get a free quote.